Results-based Management and Evaluation Officer – VA 21/2020
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) is the secretariat of the EEA and Norway Grants, and is affiliated with the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Brussels.
We are looking for a highly engaged, structured and pro-active professional to fill a vacancy for a Results-based Management and Evaluation Officer in the FMO’s Results and Evaluation Unit within the Programmes Department.
The overall objectives of the Grants are to reduce economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area (EEA) and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the 15 Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
The Grants are based on a programme model where the Beneficiary States are responsible for the programmes and for projects implemented under the programmes. A few programmes, notably regarding Civil Society, Regional Cooperation and Decent Work, are operated by the FMO.
The allocation for the funding period (2014-2021) totals €2.8 billion. The priority sectors in the period 2014-2021 are:
- Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness;
- Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction;
- Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy;
- Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms;
- Justice and Home Affairs.
The FMO offers an international, stimulating and diverse workplace, with a current staff of over 60 employees comprising about 20 nationalities. Our values are:
- Cooperation; and
- Trust, responsibility and respect.
For more information please check our website at: www.eeagrants.org.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and nationals of the member states of the European Union.
Financial Mechanism Office
Type/Duration of Appointment
Fixed-term three years (renewable once if in the interest of the FMO)
As soon as possible
- Develop and implement policies, methodologies, systems and guidelines linked to monitoring, evaluation, reporting and risk management;
- Provide guidance on the formulation of results frameworks, indicators and risk assessments;
- Develop terms of reference, commission and manage monitoring, evaluation, reviews and studies;
- Provide guidance to programme teams on how to ensure that learning from monitoring and evaluation feeds into programme adaptation;
- Provide training on planning, monitoring, reporting, risk management and evaluation;
- Identify and analyse quantitative or qualitative results and lessons learned. Draft reports and ensure effective dissemination;
- Actively use FMO information management system for tracking and reporting on programme progress and results;
- Fulfil administrative tasks in relation to her/his work.
The position reports to the Head of the Results and Evaluation Unit. The position involves travel.
Relevant University degree at master’s level
- High level of professional expertise in results-based management, with a minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience. A combination of work experience in programme design, results and risk monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and analysis is considered an asset;
- Experience in providing training related to results-based management, monitoring and/or evaluation.
- Experience with developing tools and systems for results and risk management and/or evaluation;
- Experience with drafting reports and/or analytical papers;
- Experience with applying quantitative analysis methods;
- Experience with working in or with public administration, a European and/or international context;
- Experience in programme/grant management;
- Experience with the EEA and Norway Grants;
- Knowledge of donor state policy priorities.
- Strong command of results-based management concepts;
- Strong expertise in indicator development, collection and analysis;
- Analytical, systematic and structured;
- Ability to draft high-quality reports and papers, and to present complex issues clearly and convincingly;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask, work to tight deadlines and to handle high workload;
- Strong interpersonal abilities, including a flexible attitude and cultural sensitivity;
- Self-reliance and autonomy, but also skills needed for teamwork.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, the working language of the FMO, is a requirement. Active knowledge of another EFTA/EU language is an asset.
Annual starting salary: EUR 95’300.69
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the grade. The Director of the FMO reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the FMO wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
We offer a very interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and diverse environment and the opportunity to work in a team of highly qualified people. Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Interested applicants should apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: http://jobs.efta.int/
For further information on this post, please contact: Anton Popic, Head of Results and Evaluation Unit, Programme Department, tel. +32 2 2111 824, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information regarding the recruitment process please contact Ms Vera Medinskaya, Head of Administration and HR Unit, email@example.com or +32 (0)2 211 18 60.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application 2 August 2020.
Merkja við auglýsingu
Þú þarft að skrá þig inn til að vista þessa auglýsingu
Sækja um starf
Til að sækja um þetta starf, vinsamlega farðu á jobs.efta.int.